4/02/2009

22nd Birthday

my parents don't really celebrate birthdays. I guess "birthday celebration" is more of a western thing seriously. As far as I know many people like my parents' age don't celebrate their birthdays. some of them celebrate their kids' birthdays though.

When i was little, I was so very jealous of my little buddies who got birthday cakes, gifts, etc. Mom and Dad were like " honey, we don't do it, it just doesn't make much sense. the day u were born was when mom was in great pain ( physically)... plus, we love you not in the way celebrating ur birthday honey..." to a little kid, it just doesn't make sense.. i still wanted a birthday celebration so much... i still remember how excited i was to have the first birthday cake that i begged a lot, the first Teddy Bear from my cousin.. somehow as i grow older i miss that kinda "crave" for birthday and that eagerness for being grown up.

It's my lunar bday today. me ane Emily went to one of my favourite restaurants for lunch. we had steak, pasta and stuff which were real good, we both were so stuffed hehe.






I don't look forward to birthdays anymore whatsoever! The bday is nothing but telling me that i'm getting older. well, I'm not upset by me getting older but that time goes so fast. The Renaissance has a term, carpe diem, translated from Latin means seize the day, that is, live every day to the fullest. However, i can't do it, many times i just lazy around doing nothing.( i don't mean to sound pessimistic, i'm actually an optimistic person. I guess i've been too stressed lately from school and everything.) Jer made fun of me saying that I like to be lazy around more than he does in Chinese of course. well, actually i think he is right. he's so studious.

anyway, I had a really good day today. Emily is a really sweet friend. I'm so blessed to have her :) I'll be good and make the best of every day :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey I did not know u had the experience like that when u were kid.
    I will expiate for u in future, I promise :)
    Anyway Happy Bday today and 2 days later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good time! And for the record I don't really think you are lazy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete